Community

Seismic data interpretation  

RSS

anirban_konar
(@anirban_konar)
29/09/2018 9:07 am  

All, I am working on interpreting seismic data for some purpose. Basically these come as 3D volumes of data, one for each seismic attribute. Now I have training samples with this data, and I am using a classifier to classify the output as 4 classes.

Inputying these readings parallels and merging the result. 

The issue is my loss doesn't seem to decrease after few epochs. 

Any suggestions pls. Used BatchNorm after Conv3D, maxpooling3D, repeated and then dropout and finally flatten.

Thanks in advance.

Anirban

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
JMS
 JMS
(@jms)
18/10/2018 8:59 am  

is this happened on training set or validation set?

Training set : convergence issue due of coding issues or quality of datas

Validation set : you are overfitting

What is your accuracy?

ReplyQuote
anirban_konar
(@anirban_konar)
22/10/2018 2:16 am  

Well, thanks for your reply.

I am now getting a good convergence for Training data, accuracy going upto 100% almost. Doing binary classification now (High / Low producing Wells). However, cannot get to increase accuracy (F1 score) of Test Data above 85%. Using keras functional API to input 17 seismic attributes (after normalization), pass through Conv2D, MaxPooling and merge the dense layers , before doing classification. Using AdaDelta, binary_crossentropy. Works good, but there is a overfitting with training data. Already have Dropout of 0.5 after two layers of Conv2D, followed by MaxPooling, but increasing drop-out (or adding another dropout after first Conv2D) is not helping. Any suggestions welcome.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Subscribe to our newsletter

We use cookies to collect information about our website and how users interact with it. We’ll use this information solely to improve the site. You are agreeing to consent to our use of cookies if you click ‘OK’. All information we collect using cookies will be subject to and protected by our Privacy Policy, which you can view here.

OK

Working

Please Login or Register