Join the team working to make AI education accessible to the entire world
Marketing Events ManagerPalo Alto, CA
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Fully plan and execute events strategy and vision (from research and planning to on-site management and execution).
- Lead and develop event execution with key stakeholders to ensure every event supports the organization’s broader goals. This includes project managing all details of successful events - including speakers, content timelines, venues, staffing, schedules, and budget.
- Work cross-functionally to amplify and promote events with digital and social content.
- Complete budget reviews and ROI analysis; pivot event strategy as necessary to align with findings.
- Bring new ideas and concepts to event programs
- Effectively manage team of event staff and volunteers, including conducting training sessions to fully engage support teams.
Here are the skills you should have:
- A proven ability to create and execute new and innovative events, specifically for the purpose of educating and supporting our community.
- Proven project management experience, including managing budget and deadlines.
- Ability to manage vendors and external agencies, including strong negotiation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to travel as needed for key events.
- Experience producing or executing developer-oriented or technology events is strongly preferred.
We hope you will fit well with our team’s culture:
- Strong work ethic: All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives. Consequently we work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset: We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Good team member: We care and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually, and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility: You should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from lower-level tasks such as coordinating complicated schedules, to high-level work such as thinking through corporate strategy.