Join the team working to make AI education accessible to the entire world
Director of Marketing and Communications Palo Alto, CA
Here's what you'll do:
- Lead the in-house marketing team. You will be responsible for leading our marketing team, and ensuring strong performance of the team as a whole against business results. This includes developing a long term marketing plan, encompassing efforts across brand, community, events, digital, design and content. This also includes mentoring and rich growth opportunities for members of the team. You will be responsible for ensuring the team engages in marketing best practices, including taking a data-driven approach to marketing.
- Lead product/content launches. You will lead launches of deeplearning.ai courses, working closely with the content production team and partners, primarily Coursera, to determine go-to-market strategies for each new product line, and drive awareness and traffic to our courses and to other content.
- Community engagement. Through email (such as The Batch), events and social media, you will be responsible for scalably and efficiently growing our community (as measured by The Batch subscribers, events attendees, social channels etc.) and also for regularly engaging our community.
- Lead brand development for deeplearning.ai. You will lead brand positioning for deeplearning.ai, and develop messaging, positioning, and style guides for deeplearning.ai based on an analysis of our products and the competitive landing. This messaging and branding should support all deeplearning.ai marketing activities, website and product copy. We expect the marketing team to take a creative approach to marketing. Our brand is fun, warm, and slightly quirky. Boring marketing campaigns are not welcome.
- Participate in company leadership team, and provide oversight to the company. You will be part of the deeplearning.ai’s leadership team and have broad visibility into deeplearning.ai. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to provide leadership for deeplearning.ai as a whole, and assist with spotting problems and opportunities, help drive cross-functional alignment, and develop any solutions for the company as a whole. As part of the leadership, you are also broadly empowered to come up with novel ideas and programs, focusing on Marketing but potentially extending to other functions as well.
- Manage PR/media relations. Your responsibilities will include managing deeplearning.ai’s relationship with reporters, our positioning and messaging, and all product launches.
Here are the skills you should have:
- Proven experience developing successful go-to-market strategies.
- Experience positioning nascent B2C technology brands.
- Experience building marketing function from scratch Direct experience with leveraging marketing automation tools to execute demonstrably successful data-driven growth campaigns.
- Experience working with technology products, especially AI or other emerging technology, is highly preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and can be equally effective with the press, customers, senior executives, peers, and business partners.
- Previous experience working with the talent team on employer branding and messaging for the benefits of candidates.
- Previous startup experience highly desirable with the understanding of how to work with a limited budget.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with Excel and data analytics.
- Marketing to developer audiences
- Community engagement
- Experience with AI or other advanced online training and education
- Startup experience wearing multiple hats within the marketing department.
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer Palo Alto, CA
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop a learner-centered design, (for both backend and frontend) ensuring reliability and scalability to deliver the best experience for the deeplearning.ai learner
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness and scalability of the developed application
- Design and develop internal tools to help our teams iterate quickly
- Maintain a high-quality code base
- Help develop backend infrastructure for grading tools and network training
- Design UI interface and interaction flow of the learner-centered design
- Evaluate usability and visual consistency of existing designs
- Tackle complex user interaction problems and build simple, logical, and effective solutions
Here are the skills you should have:
- Broad and solid CS foundation knowledge, including data structures & algorithms, OS, Computer Networks and databases
- 5+ years of software development
- Proficiency in Python and NodeJS, React
- 3+ years of experience with general backend (Linux, Databases: Sequel, Application servers) and cloud infrastructure
- Proficient in AWS (ec2, VPC, batch, lambda, cloudwatch)
- Familiarity with Dockers and Jupyter Notebook
- Strong ability to convert ideas to running code
- Bachelor degree in CS or related technical field is required
The following would also be helpful, but isn't required:
- Machine Learning knowledge
- Familiarity with Serverless Computing
By working with us you will:
- Be a part of a world-class technical team working alongside with offices in different parts of the world
- Have the opportunity to consolidate a quickly growing startup
- Have access to state of the art infrastructure and technology
- Have access to top-level training, weekly technical reading groups lead by Andrew Ng and other senior engineers, and the opportunity to try high impact ideas