Join the team working to make AI education accessible to the entire world
Junior Graphic Designer Global
- Create visual graphics for digital assets on a weekly basis. Primarily, this will include an average of 3 social media posts per week, and 5 graphics per week for a weekly newsletter
- Identify, collect, frame, format, and sometimes create from scratch graphics relevant to current events in machine learning
- Quick turnaround is a must. This work requires taking full advantage of free resources online including technical research papers, free-to-use images, and images licensed under Creative Commons, as well as occasionally obtaining images directly from news sources
- Create digital and print visual assets for events including flyers, stickers, swag, apparel and banners
- Edit video assets for social posts and blog posts
- Other projects might include create illustrations for blog posts or presentations
- Familiarity with basic image processing including GIF creation and editing required
- Experience creating templates (eg: white papers, powerpoint slides, social posts)
- Experience designing website graphics and layout
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and and SketchExperience using video editing tools ( iMovie, Final Cut Pro or something similar)
- Motion graphics, 3D design and animation skills are a plus
- Familiarity with machine learning technology and imagination to enhance topical stories with potent visuals a plus.
Marketing Operations Manager United States
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Improve effectiveness of website and digital marketing efforts. You will measure and analyze website effectiveness including search traffic, conversion rates, A/B testing, SEO and optimization of web content. You will implement best practices via Wordpress and report on findings using our in-house Tableau dashboard, Google Analytics, Hubspot and other external data sources.
- Own and drive email marketing campaigns. You will define and drive strategy to increase engagement across our email marketing, including drip campaigns and content marketing distribution. This will include developing metrics and reporting on performance using best practices via Hubspot.
- Establish the team standard for marketing analytics. You will be responsible for monitoring our marketing Tableau dashboard and other sources to develop conclusions and recommendations about the effectiveness of different business and/or marketing strategies. There will also be opportunities to work directly with the CEO (Andrew Ng) and other industry experts in the crafting of marketing materials.
Here are the skills you should have:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in marketing operations role
- 3+ years experience using Hubspot Marketing Hub to execute demonstrably successful data-driven campaigns and manage CRM
- Fluent in HTML/CSS to author and debug emails
- 3+ years experience using Wordpress as well as managing website optimization and personalization programs
- Fluency with analytics across multiple channels including marketing campaigns (email, PPC, events, etc.), web, and product
- Experience using Tableau to build dashboards
- Advanced Excel / Google Sheets knowledge OR demonstrated skills in SQL
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams
- Appetite for generating original, creative ideas and openness to new thinking.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience marketing to developer audiences
- Experience with AI or other advanced online training and education
- Prior startup experience wearing multiple hats within the marketing department.
What you get working with us:
- Being part of a world-class team that’s trying to change the world
- Working across cultural and geographical lines alongside our offices in different parts of the world.
- Ability to learn from a number of marketing subject matter experts
- A culture of life-long learning supported with monthly stipend for professional development
- The opportunity to be exceptionally creative with your high impact ideas
We hope you will fit well with our team’s culture:
- Strong work ethic. All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives, and consequently, work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset. We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Team oriented. We care and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility. You should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from lower-level tasks like scheduling to high level recruiting strategy.
What we offer:
- deeplearning.ai offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, a monthly education stipend, flexible PTO and much more.
Project Manager (Contract - Remote) Global
- Manage the process of course development / maintenance. You will be responsible for managing the course development process for a cross-functional remote global team.
- Lead regular team meetings. You will be responsible for using project management software to track the progress of individual tasks against timelines, as well as using such tools to spot problems ahead of time and make adjustments, escalate, and coordinate cross-functionally as appropriate.
- Ensure communication across teams. You will be responsible for tracking how our product team deliverables and dependencies affect other stakeholders including partnerships, marketing and external collaborators.
- 2+ years work experience with project management.
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira, Smartsheets, or Google Sheets.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams and manage complex projects end-to-end.
- A knack for anticipating the unforeseen and being the first to raise a flag to stakeholders when slippage in deliverables puts deadlines at risk.
- Reliable, persistent, detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Previous experience and a familiarity with the processes, roles and tasks associated with managing the development of online courses.
- Previous experience working with a remote international team.
Senior Full Stack Engineer Beijing
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop a learner-centered platform (for both backend and frontend) to deliver the best learning experience for the deeplearning.ai learners
- Design a highly scalable, reliable and robust system
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness and scalability of the developed applicationDesign and develop internal tools to help our teams iterate quickly
- Set up continuous integration and deployment pipeline
- Maintain a high-quality code base and write clear documentation
- Develop backend infrastructure for grading tools and network training
- Develop UI interface and interaction flow of the learner-centered design
- Evaluate usability and visual consistency of existing designs
- Tackle complex user interaction problems and build simple, logical, and effective solutions
- Build monitoring and alarming system
- Responsible for developing payment processing system like accepting data, securely storing that info, and making charges to that payment
Here are the skills you should have:
- Broad and solid CS foundation knowledge, including data structures & algorithms, OS, computer networks and databases
- At least 7+ years of software development experience and have experiences of building end-to-end projects
- 5+ years of experience with general backend (Linux, Databases: Sequel, MySQL, PHP, Application servers), web service or API (REST & SOAP) and cloud infrastructure
- Strong ability to convert ideas to running codeProficient in general cloud service platform, like Alicloud, AWS
- Proficient in programming languages and libraries like Ruby, PHP, Python
- Familiarity with one or more third-party library like ReactJS or Angular
- Familiarity with Dockers and Jupyter Notebook
- Familiar with microservice architecture design
- Knowledge of security concerns and best practices
- Bachelor degree in CS or related technical field is required
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills in both Mandarin and English
- Prior experiences of working at the online video streaming company is a plus
The following would also be helpful, but isn't required:
- Machine Learning knowledge
- Familiarity with Serverless Computing
Senior Technical Curriculum Developer (Palo Alto, CA or Remote) United States
- Partner with world-class AI experts to build cutting edge courses.
- Be the instructional design expert that will train and support subject matter experts to help them create effective learning experiences and deliver high-quality content.
- Collaborate in the development and testing of course content, including learner projects, code exercises, quizzes, scripts, storyboards and graphics.
- Work closely with a production and visual design team to record videos, add visual design and deliver high-quality multimedia content to support the curriculum.
- Review the work of others and provide constructive feedback on the quality of static content and video as well as code exercises.
- Add all course materials to the online platform and manage user testing and feedback implementation before launch of new courses.
- Knowledge of instructional design best practices as well as experience designing and teaching technical courses.
- Technical background in math and programming at a level sufficient to teach an introductory course in machine learning.
- Bachelors in STEM / AI / CS or equivalent industry experience in areas like software development, machine learning or data science.
- Excellent communicator and team player with an ability to author and edit high-quality written content in English.
- Previous experience developing online asynchronous curriculum in the areas of AI, machine learning, data science, robotics or similar.
- Masters or PhD in STEM / AI / CS or related field.
- Industry experience as a data scientist, machine learning engineer or similar.
- Strong work ethic: All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives. Consequently we work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset: We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Team orientation: We care for and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually, and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility: We are flexible in our tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from lower-level tasks such as coordinating complicated schedules, to high-level work such as thinking through corporate strategy.
What We Offer
- deeplearning.ai offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, a monthly education stipend, untracked PTO and much more.
Technical Curriculum Engineer (Contract - Remote) Global
- Help Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create and / or revise coding assignments. You need not be an expert in the subject of every course, but you have to be sufficiently technical to develop coding exercises given a set of specifications, or review / revise / refactor machine learning code that was written by others.
- Write and maintain high-quality code. Collaborate with SMEs and others to write well documented code. Python is our preferred language, but a high degree of proficiency developing in another OOP language similar is acceptable.
- Deploy code exercises to the Coursera platform: Upload and test / debug code exercises within the Coursera Labs environment. This may include deploying custom docker images, collecting and modifying datasets as well as refactoring code to ensure the code exercises have the desired pedagogical impact.
- Build and deploy autograder software for coding exercises: Write software unit tests, work with docker containers and debug across various platforms to deploy autograders for code exercises. Work with an eye toward how to “humanize” the autograder systems we deploy, such that learners get meaningful automated feedback when their code needs to be revised.
- Passion for teaching & learning, writing great code, building great applications.
- Proficiency in the math of machine learning (calculus, statistics and linear algebra at the level of the Deep Learning Specialization on Coursera)
- Proficiency in Python machine learning packages / frameworks (NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch)
- Knowledge of software testing best practices and experience with Github, Docker.
- Previous experience developing coding exercises and autograders for online asynchronous curriculum in the areas of AI, machine learning, data science, robotics or similar.
- Bachelors / Masters in STEM / AI / CS or equivalent industry experience in areas like software development, machine learning or data science.