Join the team working to make AI education accessible to the entire world
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer Palo Alto, CA
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop a learner-centered design, (for both backend and frontend) ensuring reliability and scalability to deliver the best experience for the deeplearning.ai learner
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness and scalability of the developed application
- Design and develop internal tools to help our teams iterate quickly
- Maintain a high-quality code base
- Help develop backend infrastructure for grading tools and network training
- Design UI interface and interaction flow of the learner-centered design
- Evaluate usability and visual consistency of existing designs
- Tackle complex user interaction problems and build simple, logical, and effective solutions
Here are the skills you should have:
- Broad and solid CS foundation knowledge, including data structures & algorithms, OS, Computer Networks and databases
- 5+ years of software development
- Proficiency in Python and NodeJS, React
- 3+ years of experience with general backend (Linux, Databases: Sequel, Application servers) and cloud infrastructure
- Proficient in AWS (ec2, VPC, batch, lambda, cloudwatch)
- Familiarity with Dockers and Jupyter Notebook
- Strong ability to convert ideas to running code
- Bachelor degree in CS or related technical field is required
The following would also be helpful, but isn't required:
- Machine Learning knowledge
- Familiarity with Serverless Computing
By working with us you will:
- Be a part of a world-class technical team working alongside with offices in different parts of the world
- Have the opportunity to consolidate a quickly growing startup
- Have access to state of the art infrastructure and technology
- Have access to top-level training, weekly technical reading groups lead by Andrew Ng and other senior engineers, and the opportunity to try high impact ideas
Senior Program Manager Palo Alto, CA
- Work with the content team develop a strategic plan and process for delivering high-quality programs within a fixed timeline and budget.
- Operationalize the process of course development with a focus on ensuring the team is delivering high-quality content
- Run regular team meetings and use project management tools to track progress of tasks against timelines.
- Apply capacity and resource planning to assess the feasibility of timelines and requirements for future course development.
- Communicate across teams (content, production, marketing, partner institutions and external collaborators) to understand dependencies among deliverables and plan accordingly.
- Strategize with the team to continually drive improvements to our content development process and optimize for quality, efficiency, predictability and cost.
- 5+ years work experience with direct program management and/or media production.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams, assign responsibilities, set deadlines and manage complex projects end-to-end.
- Ability to lead without authority and hold all team members accountable.
- A knack for anticipating the unforeseen and being the first to raise a flag to stakeholders when slippage in deliverables puts deadlines at risk.
- Exceptionally detail oriented and organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience managing content development and a familiarity with the processes, roles and tasks associated with developing online courses.
Senior Technical Curriculum Developer Palo Alto, CA
- Partner with world-class data and AI experts to build cutting edge courses.
- Be the instructional design expert that will train and support subject matter experts to help them create effective learning experiences and deliver high-quality content.
- Collaborate in the development and testing of course content, including learner projects, code exercises, quizzes, scripts, storyboards and graphics.
- Work closely with a production and visual design team to record videos, add visual design and deliver high-quality multimedia content to support the curriculum.
- Review the work of others and provide constructive feedback on the quality of static content and video as well as code exercises.
- Add all course materials to the online platform and manage user testing and feedback implementation before launch of new courses.
- Knowledge of instructional design best practices as well as experience designing and teaching technical courses.
- Technical background in math and programming at a level sufficient to follow an online course in machine learning.
- Bachelors in STEM / AI / CS or equivalent industry experience in areas like software development, machine learning or data science.
- Excellent communicator and team player with an ability to author and edit high-quality written content in English.
- Previous experience developing online asynchronous curriculum in the areas of AI, machine learning, data science, robotics or similar.
- Masters or PhD in STEM / AI / CS or related field.