Join the team working to make AI education accessible to the entire world
Director of Marketing and Communications Palo Alto, CA
Here's what you'll do:
- Lead the in-house marketing team. You will be responsible for leading our marketing team, and ensuring strong performance of the team as a whole against business results. This includes developing a long term marketing plan, encompassing efforts across brand, community, events, digital, design and content. This also includes mentoring and rich growth opportunities for members of the team. You will be responsible for ensuring the team engages in marketing best practices, including taking a data-driven approach to marketing.
- Lead product/content launches. You will lead launches of deeplearning.ai courses, working closely with the content production team and partners, primarily Coursera, to determine go-to-market strategies for each new product line, and drive awareness and traffic to our courses and to other content.
- Community engagement. Through email (such as The Batch), events and social media, you will be responsible for scalably and efficiently growing our community (as measured by The Batch subscribers, events attendees, social channels etc.) and also for regularly engaging our community.
- Lead brand development for deeplearning.ai. You will lead brand positioning for deeplearning.ai, and develop messaging, positioning, and style guides for deeplearning.ai based on an analysis of our products and the competitive landing. This messaging and branding should support all deeplearning.ai marketing activities, website and product copy. We expect the marketing team to take a creative approach to marketing. Our brand is fun, warm, and slightly quirky. Boring marketing campaigns are not welcome.
- Participate in company leadership team, and provide oversight to the company. You will be part of the deeplearning.ai’s leadership team and have broad visibility into deeplearning.ai. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to provide leadership for deeplearning.ai as a whole, and assist with spotting problems and opportunities, help drive cross-functional alignment, and develop any solutions for the company as a whole. As part of the leadership, you are also broadly empowered to come up with novel ideas and programs, focusing on Marketing but potentially extending to other functions as well.
- Manage PR/media relations. Your responsibilities will include managing deeplearning.ai’s relationship with reporters, our positioning and messaging, and all product launches.
Here are the skills you should have:
- Proven experience developing successful go-to-market strategies.
- Experience positioning nascent B2C technology brands.
- Experience building marketing function from scratch Direct experience with leveraging marketing automation tools to execute demonstrably successful data-driven growth campaigns.
- Experience working with technology products, especially AI or other emerging technology, is highly preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and can be equally effective with the press, customers, senior executives, peers, and business partners.
- Previous experience working with the talent team on employer branding and messaging for the benefits of candidates.
- Previous startup experience highly desirable with the understanding of how to work with a limited budget.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with Excel and data analytics.
- Marketing to developer audiences
- Community engagement
- Experience with AI or other advanced online training and education
- Startup experience wearing multiple hats within the marketing department.
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer Palo Alto, CA
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop a learner-centered design, (for both backend and frontend) ensuring reliability and scalability to deliver the best experience for the deeplearning.ai learner
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness and scalability of the developed application
- Design and develop internal tools to help our teams iterate quickly
- Maintain a high-quality code base
- Help develop backend infrastructure for grading tools and network training
- Design UI interface and interaction flow of the learner-centered design
- Evaluate usability and visual consistency of existing designs
- Tackle complex user interaction problems and build simple, logical, and effective solutions
Here are the skills you should have:
- Broad and solid CS foundation knowledge, including data structures & algorithms, OS, Computer Networks and databases
- 5+ years of software development
- Proficiency in Python and NodeJS, React
- 3+ years of experience with general backend (Linux, Databases: Sequel, Application servers) and cloud infrastructure
- Proficient in AWS (ec2, VPC, batch, lambda, cloudwatch)
- Familiarity with Dockers and Jupyter Notebook
- Strong ability to convert ideas to running code
- Bachelor degree in CS or related technical field is required
The following would also be helpful, but isn't required:
- Machine Learning knowledge
- Familiarity with Serverless Computing
By working with us you will:
- Be a part of a world-class technical team working alongside with offices in different parts of the world
- Have the opportunity to consolidate a quickly growing startup
- Have access to state of the art infrastructure and technology
- Have access to top-level training, weekly technical reading groups lead by Andrew Ng and other senior engineers, and the opportunity to try high impact ideas
Senior Program Manager Palo Alto, CA
- Work with the content team develop a strategic plan and process for delivering high-quality programs within a fixed timeline and budget.
- Operationalize the process of course development with a focus on ensuring the team is delivering high-quality content
- Run regular team meetings and use project management tools to track progress of tasks against timelines.
- Apply capacity and resource planning to assess the feasibility of timelines and requirements for future course development.
- Communicate across teams (content, production, marketing, partner institutions and external collaborators) to understand dependencies among deliverables and plan accordingly.
- Strategize with the team to continually drive improvements to our content development process and optimize for quality, efficiency, predictability and cost.
- 5+ years work experience with direct program management and/or media production.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams, assign responsibilities, set deadlines and manage complex projects end-to-end.
- Ability to lead without authority and hold all team members accountable.
- A knack for anticipating the unforeseen and being the first to raise a flag to stakeholders when slippage in deliverables puts deadlines at risk.
- Exceptionally detail oriented and organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience managing content development and a familiarity with the processes, roles and tasks associated with developing online courses.
Senior Technical Curriculum Developer Palo Alto, CA
- Partner with world-class data and AI experts to build cutting edge courses.
- Be the instructional design expert that will train and support subject matter experts to help them create effective learning experiences and deliver high-quality content.
- Collaborate in the development and testing of course content, including learner projects, code exercises, quizzes, scripts, storyboards and graphics.
- Work closely with a production and visual design team to record videos, add visual design and deliver high-quality multimedia content to support the curriculum.
- Review the work of others and provide constructive feedback on the quality of static content and video as well as code exercises.
- Add all course materials to the online platform and manage user testing and feedback implementation before launch of new courses.
- Knowledge of instructional design best practices as well as experience designing and teaching technical courses.
- Technical background in math and programming at a level sufficient to follow an online course in machine learning.
- Bachelors in STEM / AI / CS or equivalent industry experience in areas like software development, machine learning or data science.
- Excellent communicator and team player with an ability to author and edit high-quality written content in English.
- Previous experience developing online asynchronous curriculum in the areas of AI, machine learning, data science, robotics or similar.
- Masters or PhD in STEM / AI / CS or related field.