Community

Introduce yourself ...

Share:

Introduce yourself to the deeplearning.ai community - Tell us why you want to break into AI!  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS

AMULETAnalytics
(@amuletanalytics)
11/03/2019 7:40 pm  

Hi, my name is Daniel and I'm an LA based data science consultant, author, educator and journalist. I'm completely entrenched in the data science field, and I'm having a great time! Recently, I'm scheduled to teach a course "Introduction to Data Science" for UCLA Extension for Spring 2019 quarter. I took the first iteration of the deeplearning.ai specialization series and I found the courses fascinating. I also took Dr. Ng's first every Machine Learning class through Coursera in 2012.

Cheers,

Daniel

ReplyQuote
astefanuk
(@astefanuk)
19/03/2019 9:54 am  

Hey! I like AI too. I'm trying to collect a lot of theoretical info about it and I want to share with other. Hope my blog will be useful for you.

ReplyQuote
ananthrao
(@ananthrao)
20/03/2019 5:44 am  

Hi All,

I am Emeirus Professor of Finance at Dubai Business School at University of Dubai. I got interested in AI after I read Paul McNelis, D. (2005)'s "Neural Networks in Finance: Gaining Predictive Edge in the Market" chapter 1-8, Elsevier Academic Press, London. I found NN as an anlternative to econometric model for solving finance problems

I assisted 2 PhD students in 2018 in their thesis by applying NN on (1) Insurance Problem (2) Pedicting post-impact of 2008 Bailouts on banks furing financial crisise.

The first paper is published after 4 revisions in Managerial Finance which can be accessed by interested members in NN by accessing the following link:

Sanjay Tolani, Ananth Rao, Genanew B. Worku, Mohamed Osman, (2019) "System and neural
network analysis of intent to buy and willingness to pay insurance premium", Managerial Finance, Vol.
45 Issue: 1, pp.147-168, https://doi.org/10.1108/MF-04-2018-0156.  

The second research work is under review by the journal publishers.

I found the NN alternative superior to econometric models due to its flexibility, no assumptions unlike Econometric Model. I also like the analogy of NN to behavioral finance as it captures irrational behavior of investors nicely.

Now I am working on alternative  NN-DP specifications using open source WEKA. I found it very valuable. But I am finding it difficult to run on my Surface pro. If some one can assist in my endeavor, I will be grateful.

I got interested in this AI for everyone course which I just compelted today since I wanted to know the basics of AI and various terminologies and limitations of AI. 

Hope to continue to be in tpouch with forum members as I go along to get solutions through my AI applied research to finance problems.

Prof. Ananth Rao

ReplyQuote
richa.ranjan
(@richa-ranjan)
20/03/2019 12:04 pm  

Hi!

I'm Richa, from India, currently based in London, UK. I work as an Associate Consultant at Cloudera, UK. I have recently completed my MSc degree in Data Science, and I could not be more excited about the deeplearning.ai community! During my degree program, I learnt a lot about Machine Learning and Deep learning. I was fortunate enough to have experienced what it's like to apply deep learning to real world problems. I did a bunch of projects in NLP and Time Series areas. One of my proudest achievements was being able to successfully build a Neural Machine Translation model. That piece of work is very special to me, personally. I had amazing professors at the University of Southampton, UK. To back them up, I had Professor NG, just like all of us! 🙂 I have to say, in 28 years of my academic and professional career, I haven't come across a teacher as good as this man! I'm immensely inspired by the work he does for the AI community, and how he has trained budding Machine Learners worldwide! It would be a dream to meet him, someday! 🙂

Kind regards,
Richa Ranjan
(One of Professor NG's millions Padawans) 😉

algreen70 liked
ReplyQuote
GPU_oncloud
(@gpu_oncloud)
25/03/2019 11:14 am  

Hello Guys!

It is a pleasure to be a part of this forum!

GPUONCLOUD offers platforms to gain access to – GPUs capable of teraflops of performance, custom built platform and framework for Deep learning, 3-D design & modeling, and accelerated gaming.

GPUONCLOUD platforms are powered by AMD and NVidia GPUs featured with associated hardware, software layers and libraries.

Gain access to this special purpose built platforms, having AMD and NVidia GPU’s, featuring deep learning framework like TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, TensorRT, and more in your virtualized environment!

https://gpuoncloud.com/

Let us know what do you think about it. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
algreen70
(@algreen70)
27/03/2019 3:37 pm  

Hello!  My name is Allen, I'm a medical student (MD) here in the United States.  I've been very interested in computer science for several years now and that interest has continued to multiply as time goes on.  I think that the growth of AI has really been a large reason for that.  One of the things that excites me most about AI is the impact it will have on the biological sciences.  As I've progressed in my study of medicine I've grown increasingly excited about the role of AI.  We've all heard about what it can do with image recognition in radiology and pathology and that's super cool, but I have a few other ideas that I think would make even more of an impact.

One of the biggest problems in medicine is actually one of the things that is most beneficial to AI.  That's Big Data.  Medical science currently publishes more reports than anybody could ever keep up with.  Specific fields like Genetics/genomics by themselves put out so much data that it's hard to wrap your head around.  I'm anxious to see what solutions AI can bring to this problem.  Imagine when we can get an AI to analyze databases of lost and forgotten articles to find orphan drugs that may work wonders for a disease that never seemed related or when genetic variations are linked with a disease and a cure.

I'm also especially interested in the aging process.  I'd like to use AI for comparative analysis of genomes.  Why do some tortoises live hundreds of years while humans live 80?  Why can some animals regenerate limbs?  Advances in AI alone won't give us the answers, but without AI I don't think we ever stand a chance.

Admittedly, many of these questions and answers are way above my head in medicine and in AI, but that's why I'm here I guess.  I look forward to learning and chatting with you all.

Allen

ReplyQuote
Mo Rebaie
(@mo-rebaie)
Trusted Member
01/04/2019 7:20 am  

Hello everyone, I'm Mo Rebaie from Lebanon, my academic background is BS in pure Mathematics & computer science, and BS in management information systems (MIS), I love mathematical algorithms since I was a child.

I was inspired by Ali Rebaie (www.alirebaie.com) who is one of the well-known figures in the domain and follows his approach on applying the anthropological perspective to solve current AI's challenges.

I then started my journey through taking the courses taught by Sir Andrew Ng on Coursera and following his latest news, and I'm motivated a lot by deeplearning.ai that empowers me to continue my hard work in developing deep learning algorithms for prototypes at the AI Anthropology Research Labs.

I'm proud to be a member at deeplearning.ai,

Regards,

Mo.

M.R

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share:
Subscribe to our newsletter

We use cookies to collect information about our website and how users interact with it. We’ll use this information solely to improve the site. You are agreeing to consent to our use of cookies if you click ‘OK’. All information we collect using cookies will be subject to and protected by our Privacy Policy, which you can view here.

OK

Working

Please Login or Register