Community

ML Classification v...

Share:

ML Classification vs traditional programming  

RSS

SanejBandgar
(@sanejbandgar)
26/08/2019 9:36 am  

Hi, I was working on a classification exercise here - <a href=" removed link "> removed link  and realized that I need to determine a threshold to classify if a place is livable (1) or not livable(0).

I have developed several such programs using traditional programming approaches (JAVA/.NET) so what would be advantages of ML here? Bear with me if it is a stupid question.

Mo Rebaie
(@mo-rebaie)
Estimable Member
18/09/2019 5:19 am  

Hello @sanejbandgar,

It's not a stupid question!

As a programmer, I recommend you to train a Machine Learning classifier and run your algorithm to your task, and then you can compare the results with traditional programming.

I always prefer to try things by myself, so just try it!

And to simplify some concepts, traditional programming is a manual process that a programmer creates the program without anyone programming the logic, one has to manually formulate or code rules, while machine learning is an automated process, so it can increase the value of your embedded analytics in many areas, including natural language interfaces, automatic outlier detection, recommendations, and causality and significance detection. All of these features help speed user insights and reduce decision bias.

M.R

ReplyQuote
Share:

We use cookies to collect information about our website and how users interact with it. We’ll use this information solely to improve the site. You are agreeing to consent to our use of cookies if you click ‘OK’. All information we collect using cookies will be subject to and protected by our Privacy Policy, which you can view here.

OK

Working

Please Login or Register