Community

Update to TensorFlow 2.0 ?  

RSS

Gabriel
(@gabriel)
29/03/2019 1:37 am  

Hello deeplearning.ai team,

Are you planning to update the five courses to TensorFlow 2.0 ?

I am currently almost done with the machine learning course on Coursera, and I was going to continue with this deep learning five-course specialization, but now I am not so sure anymore.

Should I wait for you to update to TensorFlow 2.0 ?  Is this going to happen any time soon? Or ever?

Thanks!

Gabriel from Romania

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Mo Rebaie
(@mo-rebaie)
Eminent Member
10/04/2019 4:48 pm  

Hello Gabriel, 

I highly recommend you to continue learning and take the Deep Learning Specialization immediately after accomplishing the Machine Learning course, do what I and other learners just did, there is no need to wait for an update!

Don't freeze learning waiting for updates, the most important thing in the specialization is to understand the algorithms and the whole concepts in the lectures, and implementing assignments is just to code what you have learned so far.

I realized that Tensorflow is the most powerful framework for Deep Learning, regardless that it would be updated again later, so once you understand how to work and code with Tensorflow and get familiar with, you will not face any problem with new updates.

Don't waste your time, an exciting journey is waiting for you!

I hope that you would take my advice into consideration 🙂

Feel free to check this link to Upgrade code to TensorFlow 2.0:

https://www.tensorflow.org/alpha/guide/upgrade

M.R

ReplyQuote
Gabriel
(@gabriel)
18/04/2019 11:06 am  

All right, thanks for the advice. I think I'm starting after Easter.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Subscribe to our newsletter

We use cookies to collect information about our website and how users interact with it. We’ll use this information solely to improve the site. You are agreeing to consent to our use of cookies if you click ‘OK’. All information we collect using cookies will be subject to and protected by our Privacy Policy, which you can view here.

OK

Working

Please Login or Register